Wednesday, October 15, 2008

DIY Shower Spray

Here's my homemade "shower shine" spray for keeping your pre-fabricated shower walls and glass door clean (this is our shower in the picture). It works quite well, and will save you time and money! Here's the recipe:

32 oz spray bottle
1 cup vinegar
1 Tbsp dishwasher rinse aid
1 Tbsp liquid dishwashing soap
10 drops tea tree oil

Put everything into the spray bottle, then fill the rest of the bottle with water. It doesn't have the greatest smell, so I try not to breath it in when I'm spraying (I actually hold my breath - hey, I had to do the same thing with commercial shower spray). But it does work really well. I'm not sure if the tea tree oil does anything, but it's supposed to be anti-bacterial. It can't hurt.

Update, weeks later: This stuff really works! My husband is really thrilled with it too. I don't have to scrub the shower any more and the glass is sparkling clean. It's a winner!

No comments: